Happy New Year! This is the year to take the plunge and study for the RP exams I have included some study habits and other things that are necessary to make you successful.
Honestly, there are a lot of great ideas on this list. I took most of it from "Nola's Daily Doses" it is a great place to start a plan and be organized!
1. Make a commitment to yourself
2. Determine how much time per day/week/month you can commit
3. Determine a study schedule
4. Set up a study area and a study grab bag. (a grab bag with your RONR & 1200 questions great way to grab some study time while you are waiting for kids or an appointment)
5. Buy a copy of the 1200 Questions and RONR
6. Tab your RONR with prepared tabs from NAP store.
7. Copy questions from 1200 Questions or answer on separate piece of paper (I use my book for notes and write all over it....)
8. Join or Start a study group
9. Join and attend a local unit
10. Master Part II before you continue on to Part III and so on.
Now that you have all your materials lets looks at some study tips from the 1200 Questions "Tips for Studying" Pages 1-2
1. Know how RONR is organized
Table of Contents
First Half of RONR pages 1-344
Second Half of RONR pages 345-564
Roman Numeral pages
2. Practice using index
3. Identify concepts and key words
Read the questions very carefully. Circle main points. Key words.
4. Identify underlying themes
5. Keep synonyms and related topics in mind
6. Add to the index
7. Look for unusual areas
Some quotes will have italics, quotation marks, reference numbers and
8. Follow up on cross references
9. Check the footnotes
10. Look for the exact quote
11. Don't get bogged down
12 Remember there is a key.
Using the RONR is an art in itself. Read questions carefully & good studying habits are the key to your success!
Share with us about your study groups and study habits.
One bit of advise I got was to start with Section 2 I am taking my test on Section 2 on 1/24/2018. I will let you know how it goes.